Call for papers: XXIInd Colloquium of the International Reynard Society (Reading, UK, 12-16 July 2017)
First circular : February 2016
The XXIInd Colloquium of the International Reynard Society will be held in Reading, under the auspices of the Graduate Centre for Medieval Studies, 12-16 July 2017. Reading is conveniently situated, just 30 minutes by train from London and within easy access of Heathrow airport. Reading University’s attractive campus is a short bus ride from the town centre. The conference will take place partly on campus, partly in the conference centre of the Reading City Centre Novotel, which also offers accommodation to the participants of our conference for a very reasonable £90 per room per night.
Place and date
University of Reading (UK), 12-16 July 2017
As is our custom, we welcome offers of papers, posters or project reports on any topic relating to the animal world, but suggest two core directions for the colloquium:
- The animal as object (material culture; food; scientific texts)
- The animal as sign (hagiography, bestiaries, heraldry)
Please send the title of your proposal (specifying whether it is for a paper, a project report or a poster) to : email@example.com.
The languages of the conference will be French, English, Spanish and Italian.
The next circular will be published with more detailed information this summer.
Françoise Le Saux, Bridget Riley, Mohammed Ahmed
- Colloquium webpage: http://www.rose.uzh.ch/de/forschung/reynard_society/colloquium.html
- Reading University: http://www.reading.ac.uk/about.aspx
- Reading City Centre Novotel: http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-5432-novotel-reading-centre/location.shtml
- Reinardus Yearbook: https://benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/rein