Conference: Magikon Zoon / The animal in Magic (Paris, 6-7 June 2016)
Magikon Zōon, a conference looking at the place of non-human animals in the history of magic in the ancient and medieval world. The conference will take place 6-7 June 2016 in Paris, and is hosted by Labex Resmed, and will be followed by a published volume presenting the work of the participants.
As the first conference of its kind, our goal is to break new ground in both the histories of magic and of animals, generating new theoretical approaches and highlighting unforeseen issues. From these two often marginal areas we hope to generate material which will be of use to the broader disciplines within which they lie – history and animal studies. All conference presentations will be recorded, and made available online, to make our work as broadly available as possible. Similarly, we will invite participants to publish their contributions in an edited volume, the first collection to focus on the question of animals in magic.
Read the full argument: https://magikonzoon.wordpress.com/about/#eng
Maison de la Recherche, 28 Rue Serpente, 75006 Paris.
- Korshi Dosoo, Labex Resmed, Sorbonne Paris-IV
- Jean-Charles Coulon, IRHT
- Magali de Haro-Sanchez, Université de Liège
- Béatrice Caseau, Labex Resmed
- Conference website: https://magikonzoon.wordpress.com
- Programme: https://magikonzoon.wordpress.com/programme-program/
- Download the programme in PDF File format
- Abstracts: https://magikonzoon.wordpress.com/resumes-abstracts/
- Contact: magikonzoon[at]gmail.com